Anyway, although I love the open floor plan of our house, the absence of doors or natural barriers makes cooking & baking a bit of a challenge, and I'm finding that she is rather hazardous in the kitchen these days. Between opening all of the drawers (often accidently, because she leans backwards while holding onto the handle and pulls them out, at which point I find her screaming and holding on at a 45 degree angle), squishing her fingers in them in her overzealous attempts to close them, pulling out all of the tupperware and strewing it under my feet, playing with the oven timer buttons (which I find necessary to use since my attention is now divided between cooking and childwatching), or licking the oven, I find it's a difficult to get much cooking done. Too bad I wasn't born with 8 arms...
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Iron deficiency or Cookie deficiency?
Anyway, although I love the open floor plan of our house, the absence of doors or natural barriers makes cooking & baking a bit of a challenge, and I'm finding that she is rather hazardous in the kitchen these days. Between opening all of the drawers (often accidently, because she leans backwards while holding onto the handle and pulls them out, at which point I find her screaming and holding on at a 45 degree angle), squishing her fingers in them in her overzealous attempts to close them, pulling out all of the tupperware and strewing it under my feet, playing with the oven timer buttons (which I find necessary to use since my attention is now divided between cooking and childwatching), or licking the oven, I find it's a difficult to get much cooking done. Too bad I wasn't born with 8 arms...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment